City of Calgary Construction Project Updates
- ENMAX will be working in the block between 7 Street S.W. and 8 Street S.W. until approximately the end of March.
- 17 Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction just west of 7 Street starting Monday, March 1 for approximately two weeks.
- 17 Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 8 Street S.W. and 9 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 18.
The City hosted a follow-up meeting with the 17 Avenue Business Stakeholder group on Monday, March 6. At this workshop The City presented three alternative construction scheduling options for the group to evaluate and provide feedback on. The project team has taken this feedback and is working toward refining a new preferred construction schedule that will be presented to the stakeholder group in a couple of weeks. This preferred schedule will be presented to the broader 17 Avenue community at public information sessions in late March.
Read the full summary of the workshop on Monday, March 6 here.
What to expect during 2017 and 2018 construction
In general, each block will see some of the same kind of construction work and impacts:
- Temporarily remove on-street parking
- A full closure (no traffic) or partial closure (one eastbound and one westbound lane remain open)
- Ongoing heavy construction between 7am and 7pm daily (information on daily schedules will be available closer to April)
- Sidewalks and pedestrian accesses will remain open to businesses along 17 Ave SW
- Reopen traffic lanes and on-street parking once the road work phase is complete
As the contractor developed and refines their 2017 work schedule, more information will be available for each block. Find out when your block will be under construction on the 2017-2018 construction schedule.
After thirty years, we’re reconstructing 17 Avenue S.W. and our plans are going to make it awesome for all of us, for decades to come. The construction will be between Macleod Trail S.E. and 14 Street S.W. to improve sidewalks, road design and underground utilities.
17th Ave is one of Calgary’s most vibrant neighbourhoods to shop, eat, visit and do business.
If you have questions about the project or would like to receive project updates, feel free to email the project team: firstname.lastname@example.org.